A coordinated collaborative group of programs offered at Apple Valley High School providing educational opportunities that allow students to explore careers and prepare for employment through partnerships with local businesses. Our goal is to provide our students with a competitive edge in their future. The AVHS AVID, E3 STEM, Mentor and Work Experience programs partners with outside businesses and organizations to provide this edge for our students.
- AV EDGE Goals:
- Create common set of partnership support information for prospective community partners.
- Collaborate to provide in-school programming activities for students in AVID, E3 STEM, Mentor and Work Experience programs.
- Collaborate to provide opportunities outside of AVHS through interaction with common community partners.
- Our long-term goal is to learn from this AV Edge programming to extend this comprehensive college & career readiness program to all students at AVHS including:
- career exploration
- expanded career counseling
- enhanced educational opportunities by providing more authentic learning through interaction with local businesses and other community partners.