AV EDGE was created to empower the professional educators from all of our college & career readiness programs to work with each other and key business partners to build a coordinated comprehensive set of programming for AVHS students. We seek to leverage the skills and resources of each program and partner to achieve enhanced opportunities for all students. AVHS serves an extremely diverse student population. Close to half our students come from low-income households.
- AV EDGE Goals:
- Create common set of partnership support information for prospective community partners.
- Collaborate to provide in-school programming activities for students in AVID, E3 STEM, Mentor and Work Experience programs.
- Collaborate to provide opportunities outside of AVHS through interaction with common community partners.
- Our long-term goal is to learn from this AV Edge programming to build a comprehensive college & career readiness program for all students at AVHS including:
- career exploration
- expanded career counseling
- enhanced educational opportunities by providing more authentic learning through interaction with local businesses and other community partners.