The Work Experience program consists has 3 components. Work Experience and Career Exploration is offered to students in grades 9 & 10. Work Experience Seminar and then Work Based Learning courses are offered in grades 11 & 12. Learn more about the program HERE. Contact: Work Experience program staff .
Students in the Work Experience Program will leave AVHS with…
- The skills, aptitudes and information needed to succeed in today’s world of employment.
- A career plan that encompasses student interests, abilities and post-secondary options.
Work Experience Program Support Options:
- Entry level positions/job openings
- Host a career exploration field trip/job shadow.
- Professional skills development support:
- Networking skills:
- Resume composition
- Interview skills
- Professional communication
- Workshops for time management, study skills, organizational skills, self-advocacy, etc.
- Volunteer Academic Tutors
- Volunteer to support college & career counseling
- Volunteer for AV EDGE career exploration events.
- Serve on advisory board AV EDGE Programs.
- Provide funding to support college & career exploration field trips.